The Research Triangle Park Great Pyrenees Club mission is to strive to improve the health and welfare of our breed, with the primary goal of enhancing the natural qualities that are demonstrated in the Great Pyrenees today.
- Help members and breeders to better understand and promote the standard of our breed as determined and approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence for which the Great Pyrenees will be judged,
- Encourage and promote quality purebred Great Pyrenees,
- Protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, and trials.
- Encourage contact between owners and fanciers of Great Pyrenees to facilitate the mutual exchange of knowledge and experiences, and
- To aid owners of Great Pyrenees who reside within our Region in the recovery of their animals when lost, strayed or stolen, and
- To work with local rescue groups to attempt to place stray or abandoned Pyrenees in homes in the Club’s Regional area which will provide a high level of care.